MR. & MRS. HARRIS

MR. & MRS. HARRIS

Friday, September 23, 2011

you gotta take the good with the bad, smile with the sad...

WOW! I have been away from the blogging world for almost exactly 2 months! Lets see if I can get all of you up to date on the High's and Low's of the past couple months!

Summer was great! Although it seems as though our summer here in Oregon is finally getting started. I'm pretty sure we are having our highest temperatures in the month of September! Its driving me nuts, all I want is crisp cool air and leaves on the ground! ANYWAY! Our last adventure for the summer was to our all time favorite campground, Loon Lake. Oh man, that place is Heaven on Earth. Not kidding. We had the best 7 days there. The weather was HOT and I think I got my tannest ever that week. Its a sandy beach that's in a little cove and it always seems to be sooo warm, even with it being so close to the coast. We spent our days laying out on the blow up Relaxation Station, building Sand Castles, playing beach volleyball, laying on the beach at night looking for shooting stars, and telling remember-whens around our big campfire and laughing hysterically... It was the seriously the best 7 days to get away, be cell phone free, and be with the people I love most!
 
 


There was a turn of events when we made our way into town. We got a call saying my Grandpa Wayne wasn't doing well and that they didn't see him making it much longer. My Grandpa Wayne has been in and out of the hospital for a year now battling issue with the 1/2 of one kidney that he had remaining after he survived kidney Cancer. What he had left of a kidney was not working. He had other health issue that was making his over all health not so good to put it lightly. My family had spent countless hours at the hospital with him and my grandma, trying to comfort as best we could. After the Doctors told us there wasn't much more they could do for him (he was not a candidate for dialysis) my grandma, my dad, along with his brothers decided to take him to the comfort of his home for his last few weeks... or days of his life...

When I got the call I knew I needed to be there for my family. I was so nervous. I kept praying that he wouldn't pass when I was there with my family by his side. I thought there is no way I could handle something like this. When I got there, he was sleeping so peacefully. As I held his warm hand I whispered some words into his ear knowing this might be the last time I would be able to speak to him... I hope he heard. After we spent quiet some time in there, we all went outside for some fresh air. We saw the hospice worker waving her arms for us to come in, and as we rushed in there, he had left us. With so much sadness I also felt so much peace. Its almost as if he knew we had all left the room. He was the type of man that didn't like to show weakness or any vulnerability whatsoever. All I could think of was my poor Grandma. After 56 years of marriage she has lost her best friend and the love of her life. It breaks my heart more than anything. So for the time being she isn't ready to be on her own yet so she is splitting her time between my parents and my Uncle's and their families. Life is hard sometimes, but I know everyone has a purpose and something great awaits us all, here on Earth isn't the end. I love you Grandpa Wayne, I cant wait until I see you again.

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY! Where have you been?! I miss your blogs! First of all, I LOVEEEE your blog makeover. Your header is freaking adorable. And you look so so smokin hot. I'm very serious about that. Secondly, you are correct, you are SOOOO freaking tan in those pics! Holy smokes girl!! Could you imagine me like that?? hahahahashahahaha I can't even visualize it.

    I'm just so so so so sorry about your grandpa. That is the hardest thing ever. I feel for your grandma, that is for sure. And for your whole family. But I'm so glad you all got to be with him.

    And lastly, I miss you real bad!!!! Sometimes I feel like I can just call you and set up a lunch date. This is lame! I'll be back soon!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete